Eton School Mexico encourages parent involvement.
Thanks to their participation, activities such as Eton Day, Eton Sports Day, Echa la casa por la ventana, nutrition workshops, among others, have become traditional events at our school.
Parents also contribute to their children’s learning by sharing their expertise with a class to enrich the projects being developed at any given moment in the course.
On the other hand, they can also actively participate in the School Improvement Council.
Parents play a critical role in their children’s learning process and must share with the school the responsibility for their academic and social-emotional development. Due to regular parental involvement, both the family and the school become one strong community with common educational objectives.
To make this happen, Eton parents are:
- Respectful and appreciative, in words and actions, of individual and cultural differences and beliefs.
- Understanding and supportive of the school’s Mission and Philosophy, and of the pedagogical practices that we implement and follow.
- Responsible for reading all school communications, including our Tell Me on Tuesdays weekly newsletter, website, e-mails, and policy manuals.
- Committed to upholding school policies, procedures, and financial responsibilities.
- Responsible for initiating communication with school authorities when a concern arises and for expressing a problem in a courteous and thoughtful way, which can be done through an accepted form of communication, such as scheduled appointments, letters, or e-mails. Eton parents avoid hurtful and destructive comments inside or outside the school environment.
- Responsible for treating all school personnel with courtesy and respect.
- Committed to instilling in their children self-discipline and respect towards the members of our community.
- Respectful of instructional time, not entering classrooms unless there is a planned activity scheduled with the teacher.
- Willing to share their expertise in different areas with students and teachers.
- Participative in school events and activities.
- Committed to working with teachers in favor of their children’s well-being.
- Supportive, alongside the school, in teaching their children responsibility in caring for their personal belongings and school material and facilities.
To be a member of the Eton community, parents must comply with these responsibilities.